Another February and another larger than life Super Bowl. In fact, this year’s Super Bowl was larger than all of them. It has been considered the most watched Super Bowl in history with 114.4 million US viewers tuning in. The match also averaged around 462,000 Australian viewers with a peak audience of 730,000. Now we know it’s not all about the game; the half time show and TV spots are seen by some to be equally important. Given that Australian viewers were unable to see the ads as they played throughout the game, let us share with you the ads that Vizeum considers to be the top picks from Monday’s big game.
1. Snickers – The Brady Bunch: perhaps we are a little biased given our previous work with Machete, but this spot is gold nonetheless.
2. T-Mobile – #kimdatastash: Everyone loves to see celebrity poking fun at themselves.
3. Clash of Clans – Revenge: Liam Neeson is priceless.
4. Budweiser – Lost Dog: ok so it’s not as powerful as last year’s ad with the horse and dog duo but it still pulls the heart strings.
5. Bud Light – Real Life Pac Man: many people’s dreams have come true.